Re: [sumo-user] Incorporating free-moving vehicles within SUMO

Hello,
vehicles going off-road due to manual or algorithm control have already been done using the traci moveToXY function.
A (crude) example can be found in tools/game/racing.py.
Right now, there is no collision checking for off-road vehicles and they cease to move without remote control.
The sublane model is a compromise between lane-bound movements and totally free movements as it allows vehicles to modify their lateral position within a road freely.

regards,
Jakob