[sumo-user] Inaccurate simulation using DFROUTER

Problem: We are generating a simulation from real-world detector data using DFROUTER but are facing large inaccuracies in the simulation for a single intersection.

Situation: We're currently trying to accurately simulate traffic patterns on a 5-intersection corridor over a 24-hour time period.
As an intermediary test step, we are simulating a single intersection using DFROUTER. Currently we are experiencing large variations in count accuracy on an hourly basis. We are seeing more inaccuracies for turning movement detectors than we are for thru-movement detectors but there are both over-estimates and under-estimates.

Inputs: Lane-by-lane stop bar detector data. We have count data for every single approach lane across a 24-hour period. Resolution of 0.1s.

If you have experienced these types of problems using DFROUTER and know of any fixes or potential sources of the error please let us know. Also, if you've been able to use detector data to drive simulations in SUMO for large corridor networks please let us know, we'd be grateful for advice/support.

Best,
Jatish

Back to the top