Re: [sumo-user] Issues in implementing Sub-lane scenario

Hello,
I agree with your statement that the traffic light cycle should not affect lane changing. However, it does cause issues with reproducibility as I am looking at a different situation from the one in your screenshot due to having a different phase cycle compared to to yours.

Nevertheless I have identified 2 issues in your scenario that have an impact on junction service rate:
1) Straight going vehicles are being blocked by left-turning vehicles wherever there is a common lane for left and straight movements. Unless this layout is intentional, you may want to modify the connections. The current setup also creates the risk of having straight-going vehicles block left-movers in the exclusive left-turn phase.

2) A deadlock is created due to invalid cooperative speed adjustments. (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4737). A work-around may be to set the attribute lcPushy > 0 for your vehicles (in particular the motorcycles).

3) right turning vehicles are sometimes blocked by straight going vehicles from the same lane (as in the deadlock above). The frequency of this happening may be reduced by setting the parameter lcTurnAlignmentDistance>0 which causes right turning vehicles to change their preferred alignment to "right" ahead of the intersection

regards,
Jakob