[sumo-user] Vehicles stopping for a bit every once in a while

Hello,

I'm experiencing some weird behavior with SUMO 0.32.0. I used to have a very simple intersection and I used to simulate X number of vehicles all from A to B in a straight path. Every vehicle in that simple intersection moved with constant speed and the trip duration of every vehicle was always the same.

Now I created a slightly more complex intersection. Now the route consists of 4 edges but the path is still straight and goes from and to the same points A and B. I basically split up both edges in 2 each. With that setup, every time after 8 vehicles have crossed the intersection, the queue stops for a bit and then continues fluidly for the next 8 vehicles and so on.

Another thing I noticed is that the speed doesn't look consistent for some reason.

My path is basically from (-49,0) to (49,0) and I expect a route length of 98. This was true in the first simple intersection, but now it is 98.4. I also don't know why that happens.

I attach screenshots for reference. I basically want to move the vehicles from the street in the left to the one in the right.

Thanks for your help!