Re: [sumo-user] TraCI related question

Hello,
the modules starting with an underscore (traci._person) are not meant to be instantiated. They undergo some behind-the-scenes initialization and are made available via
traci.person, traci.vehicle etc.

If you are not multiplexing multiple traci connections from a single traci script, you can just do

traci.person.add(personID, edgeID, pos)

Note, that programming IDE's may mark your code as invalid because the member traci.person is created at runtime. Just ignore your IDE in that case.

regards,
Jakob

Dear reviewer, I would like to control pedestrians and vehicles during simulation, using TraCI.

However, no efforts brought any success; for instance:

import os, sys

if 'SUMO_HOME' in os.environ:
tools = os.path.join(os.environ['SUMO_HOME'], 'tools')
sys.path.append(tools)
else:
sys.exit("please declare environment variable 'SUMO_HOME'")

sumoBinary = r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Eclipse\Sumo\bin\sumo-gui.exe"
sumoCmd = [sumoBinary, "-c", "sushpol.xml"]

import traci
traci.start(sumoCmd)
step = 0

while step < 1000:
traci.simulationStep()
if(step>=20):
conn=traci.Connection('127.0.0.1',15292,' ')
pedestrian=traci._person.PersonDomain()
pedestrian._connection=conn
pedestrian.add(personID=str(645+step),edgeID='390820825#1',pos=0)
print('check')
step += 1
traci.close()
1. Here I create connection using socket and instance of PersonDomain class. After trying to add additional person in network, it freezes and no action happens. Is there an error?

2. As I understood, every major class in Traci accessed through domains now, So I could not find any tutorials up to date. Are there any? I want to delete vehicles, make people to change location and etc. It is not possible, if I can't even engage with them.

3 Thank you for reading in advance, if you want some souvenirs from Russia - contact me ;)
Спасибо, Konstantin!