Re: [sumo-user] Close/open lanes with TraCI

Thank you for the detailed report! The issue is now being tracked at https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4514
best regards,
Jakob

Thanks! updateBestLanes works as expected, but only if the first vehicle enters the simulation BEFORE closing the lanes. If the first vehicle is added to the simulation AFTER closing the lanes, the vehicles do not enter the lanes anymore after opening them. This applies also for vehicles which are added to the simulation thereafter.

I added an example which reproduces the bug with the nightly snapshot. The lane is closed at simulation step 10, and opened at simulation step 200. The first flow starts at simulation step 20 and its vehicles never enter the initially closed lanes.

Btw, since updateBestLanes is not available in SUMO 0.32.0, one can use “change route by id” and set the route of a vehicle to the same route it already follows. This eventually triggers updateBestLanes internally. J

Kind regards,

Karl