[sumo-user] Vehicles slowing at junctions on high priority road

Hi there,

I'm constructing a roundabout (image attached). When running on sumo-gui, I'm seeing strange behavior where the vehicles on the higher priority edges in the roundabout appear to be slowing down as they approach junctions, which should not be the case.

I ran a control experiment with a single IDM vehicle in the roundabout, and no other vehicles. When I plot the acceleration of this vehicle, the standard deviation is close to 0 and there are no issued accelerations that would suggest the vehicle is slowing down or doing anything other than maintaining a constant velocity.

Could this be an issue with the GUI rendering, or something else?

All my best,

Kathy Jang
University of California, Berkeley | 2018