Re: [sumo-user] collision and teleporting vehicle

Hello,
during the holiday seasons, responses may take longer.
In the scenario under discussion, the junctions  beyond the intersection must be modeled with zipper type to achieve the correct lane-choice ahead of the intersection (as you yourself noticed).
I suspect that there is a bug in the interaction of the action-step model with zipper junctions that leads to the observed collisions. It may take some time until this is fixed.
(tracked at https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/4330)

One possible work-around for the scenario would be to shorten the routes so they end just before the zipper junction.
This will preserve all relevant traffic at the intersection, prevent adverse effects on lane choice as well as circumvent the collisions.

regards,
Jakob

Dear Jakob Erdmann

Thank you for your reply. I followed your three recommendations. I attached file to this Email.

Actually, I am using the SUMO file from DLR (Tostmann platz) to compare with a network that  I created with bike and pedestrians. I sent Email to you directly, but you didn't answer..
so I am asking you by mailing list, again.

I changed detectors and decoupled decision intervals from step length, because real controller should check at 100 ms interval.

Collision and teleporting occurs in narrow connection point from two lanes to one lane in NS and SN direction.

The result of change based on your recommendations is the following.

First, for run.sumocfg, the change junction type to "Zipper" was already applied at the original net file from DLR. Only change is step-length and action-step-length.

Second,  for run_EdgeConnection.sumocfg, one of the lanes does not have a connection to the next edge. Only this case, there is no collision, but the problem is that vehicles try to change lanes at the beginning of edges even if still there is another edge left before narrow point from two lanes to one lane. For real condition, it doesn't make sense.

Third, for run_Priority.sumocfg, two connections from the same edge to the same target lane where one connection has priority over the other one.  I set a priority on one of connections with Target(pass) option. The other connection has target (light Green color). It doesn't look different from run.sumocfg (Zipper merging).

I wonder if we apply action-step-length for a network, collisions would often occur.. and if we should do something to prevent the situation.

I really hope you can give a solution! I am looking forward to your reply.
Thank you for your time in advance.

Best regards,
 Sunghyun Jang