[sumo-user] Make vehicles use 2 lanes

Hello,

in the network in the screenshot below, there are two lanes coming from the south going left. This intersection is controlled by a traffic light (via TraCI).

During the simulation, vehicles do not use the leftmost lane. I have seen this behaviour in other simulations I have done. Is there a way to stimulate vehicles to use both lanes? The lane on the right (that is the middle lane here) would normally probably be used more intensively, but vehicles should also use the leftmost lane.

Any help appreciated!

On a sidenote: I am modelling the pedestrians using dynamic assignment via od2trips. I have them walk over normal edges (which means they will neatly queue at triffic lights, which is odd, but OK for my purposes). SUMO complains about this, I get a warning for each pedestrian that enter the network: "Warning: Vehicle type '7' with vClass=pedestrian should only be used for persons and not for vehicle 'ped78'.".
Is this the wrong way to have pedestrians in the simulation? I do this cause it allows me to place pedestrian crossings precisely where I want, and control them via TraCI using their index link number.

Greets, Menno

Back to the top