Da: sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <sumo-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> Per conto di Jakob Erdmann
Inviato: 13 June 2018 12:50
A: Sumo project User discussions <sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: Re: [sumo-user] Taxis in SUMO

Hello,

I suggest that you look at the documentation and tutorials before looking at the source code.

The kind of intervention you require is best performed by using the TraCI interface of sumo to remote-control some parts of it with a python script using our provided client library (client libraries for other languages are also available).

Similar projects have been described at this years sumo user conference (see attachment).

To get vehicle to remain in the simulation after reaching their arrival edge, define a <stop> element on the arrival edge: http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes#Stops

regards,

Jakob

Hello,

I am a master degree student at TUM. For my thesis work I should simulate the behaviour of Taxis in the city of Munich. As an input I have the time and position of the departure of each trip and the arrival point. My plan was to have a taxi station that parses these data and assigns the trips at the right time to the closest (at least for the moment) taxi available. For this reason I also need that the taxis, once they end a trip do not disappear from the map but become available for the next trip (maybe go to the taxi station). I am looking at the source code of SUMO in these days to understand how it works and what should I do but I would like to hear whether you have any suggestion. Where do you suggest me so intervene? What do you think is the most viable solution?

Thank you very much

Stefano Niero