Re: [sumo-user] Vehicle position output

Hello,
SUMO uses UTM by default and shifts the coordinates so that the lower left network corner is at 0,0.
However, your original network file was created without projection information (projParameter="!").
In this case SUMO only takes the coordinates it was already given and shifts them without doing any projecting.
From their magnitude one can try guess what the original projection for the vissim data was (possibly UTM).

Do you know from which city this network is?

regards,
Jakob

I was expecting absolute values in some coordinate system (as stated in the manual). Manual also states that values should be offset withnetOffset”.

What kind of coordinates does SUMO output? UTM?

I don’t know much about the creation of the original net-file since that was created before I got involved. I think it originates from some VISSIM export, but not sure.

/Daniel