[sumo-user] new vehicle created with traci.vehicle.addFull but not detected by getIDList() or getIDCount()

​​
​Hi,
I am new with sumo and TraCI
At some point, I would like to create​ a new vehicle using
traci.vehicle.addFull()

Here is my function:

def add_new_vehicle():
        print("vehicle list BEFORE{}".format(traci.vehicle.getIDList()))
        traci.vehicle.addFull(
            vehID="new_veh",
            typeID="passenger",
            routeID="route0"
        )
        print("vehicle list AFTER={}".format(traci.vehicle.getIDList()))

​When running my function "add_new_vehicle()", the same list​ is printed
twice. In other words, the ID of the new vehicle does not appear in the
second getIDList(). No error is prompted.

It seems "new_veh" has successfully be created: I can then retrieve some
values such as its speed. In addition, when I try to call my function a
second time, it prompts "traci.exceptions.TraCIException: The vehicle
new_veh to add already exists."

As I understand, I managed to create a new vehicle.
---> But why cannot I see it when calling getIDList() or getIDCount()?
---> ​Should I reload something?​

​In the wiki + mail-list, I could not find any reason for that. Any further
help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
Cheers,
Simon