[sumo-user] Vehicles changing lanes over and over again when using --lanechange.duration option

Hello SUMO community,

we face some strange vehicle behaviour in SUMO when using the option lanechange.duration to smooth the the lane change (visualisation). On a two lane edge in front of a red traffic light, two vehicles arrive on the right lane. Then, they start changing to the left lane and back over and over again as long as the traffic light doesn't turn green. This happens with lane change durations several times the time step. In our "minimal" example with 0.1s time step, we observed it starting with 0.8s lane change duration.

Is this problem known and can it be circumvented without disabling the lane change visualisation? A screenshot and the example sim files have been attached.

Regards
Mirko