Re: [sumo-user] Level of Service at Intersections

Hello,
- the total time loss within an output interval can be obtained from the interval attributes like this:
vehicleSum  * meanTimeLoss + vehicleSumWithin * meanTimeLossWithin
- the traffic volume is given by vehicleSum
- the theoretical capacity can be computed from the number of lanes
You can generate these detectors for all controlled intersections using the script http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Tools/Output#generateTLSE3Detectors.py

Taking the value of (vehicleSum  * meanTimeLoss + vehicleSumWithin * meanTimeLossWithin) / (vehicleSuo + vehicleSumWithin) would be appropriate for getting level of service as defined at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_service#LOS_for_At-Grade_Intersections

regards,
Jakob

Hello team,

I am trying to find Level of Service at Intersection which is basically total delay at that intersection divided by the total volume(capacity) at the intersection.

I am referring to E3 detector output file. Can you please let me know which parameter would be best to start with and how to calculate Level of Service (LOS) at any intersection.?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vrinda Khirwadkar

University of Memphis