Re: [sumo-user] Acceleration oscillation in Wiedemann Model

Hello,
I've updated some comments and variable names to clarify our implementation of the wiedemann model:
- myMinAccel is BNULL
- myAccel is an upper bound on acceleration that is common to all car-following models implemented in SUMO

Reading across the code I do find that it deviates in some points from other wiedemann descriptions out there. Even worse, I cannot find two of the references that are mentioned in the source code (Stebens, Traffic simulation with the Wiedemann model and Werner, Integration von Fahrzeugfolge und Fahrstreifenwechselmodell in die Nachtfahrsimulation lucdidrive).

This means the code should be checked and possibly modified to conform to user expecations of Wiedemann behavior:
https://github.com/DLR-TS/sumo/issues/3946

If you want to contribute and suggest a patch you're welcome to do so.
regards,
Jakob

I am comparing the MSCFModel_Wiedemann.cpp file with the original Wiedemann Model (reference below).

I just need clarification about the 'myMinAccel' equation, is it equivalent to 'BNULL' from the reference?

Also, what is 'myAccel'? Is it the maximum acceleration when starting from zero speed, or 'RND4'?

Thank you,

Quinton

Wiedemann, R. & Reiter, U., 1992. Microscopic traffic simulation: the simulation system MISSION, background and actual state. Project ICARUS (V1052) Final Report. Brussels, CEC, 2, pp.1–53.