Re: [sumo-user] Connecting buses to trains.

Hello,
the default way to connect these two networks is to define (or generate) stop access definitions (http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Public_Transport#Access_Lanes).

The netconvert options
--osm.stop-output.footway-max-accesses
and
--osm.stop-output.footway-access-distance
can be used to automatically export a limited number of access definitions within a given radius around railway stops when used together with the option --ptstop-output

WalkingAreas are only generated within intersections with sidewalks at the moment (see http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Simulation/Pedestrians#walkingareas). There are plans to import complex station layouts with the help of walkingAreas but you would still need access definitions because OSM models the railway track and the platform for waiting passengers as separate and disconnected ways.

regards,
Jakob

Dear All,

I’m building a scenario from scratch starting from OSM-like data.
I have both buses and trains, but I’m not finding a way to link the two different means of transports (the two graphs are not connected).
Is net convert able to extract walking areas? If so, what is it looking for? My hope is to find a way to fix the initial OSM data, and not the final NET file, in order to have it scriptable in a reasonable way.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Regards,
Lara