[sumo-user] SUMO_HOME for Ubuntu package install

Hello,

I've been building SUMO from source but now I wanted to switch to
using the ubuntu ppa.

Sumo and sumo-gui are working fine, however, I wonder what value I
have to set $SUMO_HOME to. The documentation does not mention this at
all!

The sumo tools (like duarouter) are added to my path in /usr/bin and
work properly so I tried setting $SUMO_HOME to /usr/bin.

But then I cannot import sumolib in python the way I used to because
there's obviously no subfolder /usr/bin/tools and the module is
unknown...

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Moritz