[sumo-user] Merging Lanes

Hello,

I have a simple networks in which I need to do a merging lanes.

There is a single edge, let say its length is 1000m.
At 500m from the beginning, one  lane should be merged with the other.

I have tried the both following ways.
  1. I tried setting a length of one lane to 500m, and the lane ends with a clear cut at the defined point. Can this be considered as a merge?
  2. I tried the refining roads in sumo documentation , but after the split point, the vehicles disappear from both lanes. I am confused about what is happening.
I am quite new to sumo and perhaps this might not be the correct way to do this. I did find a solution though I went through the documentation.
I would appreciate if some can provide me an insight on this.

Regards,
Dee.

Back to the top