Re: [sumo-user] Traci: rerouting pedestrians

Hello,

assuming the person is currently walking on edge A and there are no further stages after this, do the following:
- append a new walking stage with edges A,B
- removeStage(0)  (this will put the person into the new walking stage)
- rerouteTravelTime

regards,
Jakob

I have another question regarding modelling Persons and TraCI.

I am attempting to reroute pedestrians/persons in a network using TraCI. Consider the person currently being on edge “A” and I want to re-route it to edge “B” – is there a way to reroute the person from A to B without knowing the edges the person must traverse to get from A to B?

Currently, when I add a new walking stage (“traci.person.appendWalkingStage”), I simply add [B] as the edges parameter but this doesn’t reroute the person but rather teleports it to the start of edge B. I tried to use “traci.person.reroteTraveltime” since this says that it reroutes the pedestrian, however I get an error saying that the pedestrian is not in a “walking stage” – and rerouting after 1 time step is too late since it immediately moves it to edge B.

Many thanks,

Xavier