[sumo-user] [SUMO][CF-MODEL][STEP LENGTH]

Hi all,

Me and my fellows are trying to implement a more sophisticated dynamic for the vehicle in SUMO using specific mechanical software (VI-grade or IPS-CarMaker) interacting during the simulation through traci4matlab.

We’d like to know if it is possible to obtain, at step “X” the speed and the position that the vehicle will have at the step “X+dT”.

We would compare the desired vehicle speed and arrival position at step “X+dT” with the one coming out from the dynamic vehicle’ software named above.

I saw, probably, some interesting functions as MEVehicle::getSpeed() or   MEVehicle::getArrivalPos() but I’m not sure if those are the proper ones. Do you have any suggestion?

Secondly, based on you experience, how works CF-models with step-length < 1 second? Presumably we need to use step-length of, at least, 0.1s since the dynamic vehicle’s model have a really high update frequency so it is important that SUMO simulation works good.

In my tests the vehicle works differently near an intersection if I’m using a time step of 1 second or 0.1 second. Moreover would you suggest to use Euler or Ballistic Integrate model?

Regards

Ing. Luca Di Costanzo

MsC in Hydraulic and Transportation Engineering
Bsc in Civil Engineering
skype: lucadicostanzo82
tel: +39 333 43 92 544

Back to the top