Re: [sumo-user] Distribution of flow within a time period

Hi Jakob,
Thank you for your reply and the information you provided.
Have a good day.
Many thanksMohsen
On Saturday, August 12, 2017, 9:16:20 PM GMT+12, Jakob Erdmann <namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
by default, DUAROUTER generates vehicles from a flow with equal spacing in time. To get random spacing use the option --randomize-flows.
In this case, each vehicle selects a depart time which is uniformly distributed between begin and end.

<flows> that are loaded into the simulation are also spaced evenly unless defined with attribute probability which creates a binomial distribution (approximating Poisson distribution for low probability).

regards,
Jakob

Hello there,
Could you please let me know what kind of distribution SUMO uses to distribute flow between "begin" and "end" as shown hereĀ
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ Demand/Shortest_or_Optimal_ Path_Routing#Flow_Definitions

and here
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/ Definition_of_Vehicles,_ Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes# Incomplete_Routes_.28trips_ and_flows.29

I think I read somewhere in the wiki that it's Poisson, but would like to confirm this.
Many thanksMohsen