From: AMIT RAI <rai18b@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 28 May, 2021, 10:36 am
To: sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Error while building sumo from scratch.

I am trying to follow the steps in the documentation for sumo built. I am following the step of manual configuration with CMAKE GUI and getting error shown in the image (red text, pasting the same in italics here) :

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.20/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:230 (message):
Failed to find XercesC (missing: XercesC_LIBRARY XercesC_INCLUDE_DIR
XercesC_VERSION)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.20/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:594 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.20/Modules/FindXercesC.cmake:110 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
CMakeLists.txt:345 (find_package)

 Seems that XERCESC is not found, but I saw it was present in the SUMO_LIBRARIES path.  I also tried adding XERCESC_64 as an environment variable still it is not able to find the folder.

 also I am attaching the ppt containing the steps /images of steps I followed. I am pretty sure I followed the steps correctly, still, I am getting errors.
Would be grateful to the community for the help.

Regards
AMIT RAI