Re: [stp-dev] [galileo] Activities for 3.5M6 build

Hi,

I added a plugin that provides the capabibility definition for SCA Tools.
New features are listed in the wiki [0].
Tests and build are OK.
I tagged 3.5M6.

Stephane Drapeau
Obeo

[0]: http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/SCA_Component/New_And_Noteworthy#SCA_Tools_2.0.0_M6_.2819_March_2009.29

Vincent Zurczak a écrit :
Hi Oisin.

Oisin Hurley a écrit :
Project leads and developers -- we're getting near to ship it
for 3.5M6 for Galileo, so this is a quick reminder that we'll
do a final build in the morning of 19th March, GMT time.

The build will pick up from the 3.5M6 tag on your project.
About SCA, I should be done with commits this week.
It now depends on Stéphane and on whether I have (or not) broken the build.

Will you check now to see if you have got the correct versions
of your project in Babel?  http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/
Checked. SCA Tools is in Babel.

Do you have any new features in your project? If you
do, you will need to tell me, otherwise they won't appear
in the update site!
No new feature for SCA.
But new plug-ins. They were added to the existing features.

Have you done your own smoke tests and are happy
with the result?

Is there anything new and interesting that you've put into
your project that is available this milestone?  This would
be useful to mention on the wiki in the latest news.
Yes, there are some ones.

Here are the points which are worth to mention I think:

    * The meta-model was updated.
    * The SCA builder now adds error markers in diagrams. It also
      validates all the Java parts (interafaces and implementations):
      check they are in the class path, that wires and promotes link
      compatible Java interfaces, that Java component implementations
      implement all the Java interfaces of the component services.
          o http://wiki.eclipse.org/STP/SCA_Component/SCA_Builder
    * There have been small but convenient add-ons in the SCA
      Composite Designer:
          o Drag and drop java files from project and package explorers.
          o Diagram actions to add / set Java elements (interfaces or
            implementations) from the class path using a Java
            selection dialog.

I don't know if Stéphane has other things to add. There are still things in the IPzilla...
Maybe we can add screenshots or links on the wiki page.

"Projects should leverage only published APIs of dependencies. As a Release
Review requirement, deviations should be listed as part of a migration plan,
with bugs listed where APIs need to be provided by dependent projects."
The SCA XML and Form editors rely on the WTP DOM model, which is not API (I get warnings when I use it, but I have not found any other solution for the moment). If I have well understood, this the kind of "exception" we have to report on the bugzilla. Am I right ? In which case I can post it this week and describe what I'm using and why.

Regards,

                   Vincent.

--
Vincent Zurczak