From: stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:stp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Oisin Hurley
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:58 PM
To: STP Dev list
Subject: Re: [stp-dev] Annotations editor extension

Hi Bogdan,

> Is it possible some new annotations support (e.g. SCA 1.0, SDO,
> etc.) to be added to the annotations editor? How could it be extended?

There are some docs on the STP web site at [0,1] which would
be a good place to start looking at some of the extension
points that have been included for supporting annotations
and also there's a fairly powerful way to define validation
rules to detect when annotations are used in contravention
of each other.

Then take a look at org.eclipse.stp.sc.jaxws and you will
see it implementing the org.eclipse.stp.sc.common.AnnotationSupport
extension point, listing all of the annotations that can
be used. You will see similar use of the extension point
in org.eclipse.stp.sc.sca.java, so this could help you
on your way!

  best regards
    Oisin

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/stp/sc/RuleBasedXMLValidator.doc