Re: [stem-dev] Antw: Changes to the earthscience data format

Hi Matthias,

point 2) Thanks for the feedback! After further thought I agree that it makes sense to keep skewness and kurtosis. My main concern was that the input data does not necessarily represent a gaussian distribution (but they often do), so these values still need to be handled (and understood) with care. I also found that the current values were not created correctly, so I am working on a fix for that.

point 3) Adding median and sample size is a good idea as well!

Best,

Jan :-)

>>> "Filter Matthias" <Matthias.Filter@xxxxxxxxxxx> 04/13/2011 09:27:34 +0200 >>>

> point 1): very good idea
> point 2): in case the data represent an aggregation then I would
> suggest to keep the field 6 and 7 as oly with these values you are able
> to judge, whether an average makes sense at all, i.e. whether you have a
> gaussian distribution of values.
> point 3): I would suggest to include fields "median" and "N"= sample
> size.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Matthias
>
> Matthias Filter