   From Madrid, Spain.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: statet-users <statet-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> En nombre de Stephan Wahlbrink via statet-users
Enviado el: viernes, 23 de febrero de 2024 16:52
Para: StatET user discussions <statet-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Stephan Wahlbrink <sw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto: [statet-users] [Ann] StatET 4.9.0 Release

Dear StatET users,

I am pleased to announce StatET 4.9.0, a new version of the Eclipse-based IDE for the R language.

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/science.statet/releases/4.9.0

This release provides improved support for R package DESCRIPTION files, as well as several other minor improvements.

Details about these improvements are presented here:

https://www.walware.de/statet/news/noteworthy-4.9.html

The new version is available for Eclipse IDE 2023-12 (https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2023-12/r). StatET

4.9 officially supports R 4.1 - 4.3, but other versions of R may work too.

To install the new version, you can use the following update site:

https://download.eclipse.org/statet/releases/4.9/E202312

For other download options, please check the download page:

https://www.walware.de/statet/downloads/4.9.html

If you want to use the advanced console (RJ) with R, you need the R package 'rj' for your R version as before. The packages for GNU R

(RJSrv4GR) are not part of the Eclipse StatET project, for installation see the instructions at the project site at:

https://gitlab.com/walware/de.walware.rj-server.gr/wikis/Installation

The R packages with version numbers 4.0.x (for RJ 4.0) are also compatible with StatET 4.9. I recommend to update to the latest release 4.0.10, if not yet done.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

Regards,

Stephan