[statet-users] Fwd: Problems installing rj and rj-gd from source, MacOS

Hi Stephan,

Many thanks as always for your rapid response and suggestion.

I modified the call to install.packages by adding an INSTALL_opts argument:
install.packages(c("rj", "rj.gd"), repos="https://download.walware.de/rj-4.0", INSTALL_opts="--no-test-load")

This did the trick in terms of getting the rj.gd package installed-- THANKS!

Next, I set up an R environment pointed to the conda environment where I installed rj.  This required manual tweaking of the R_LIBS_USER variable (the "detect default" pointed to the other, non-conda R installation, probably because conda doesn't use the standard path convention.). Then I set up a run config and tried to launch.  I got this error:

Launching the R Console was cancelled, because it seems starting the R engine failed.

  R environment name= conda-r36

  R package 'rj' path= ~/opt/miniconda3/envs/r36/lib/R/library/rj

Process Error Log:

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib

  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib

  Reason: Incompatible library version: vecLib requires version 1.0.0 or later, but libBLAS.dylib provides version 0.0.0

So... I don't know.  I have libopenblasp-r0.3.7.dylib installed in my conda environment, and there's also libblas-3.8.0-15_openblas in ~/opt/miniconca/pkgs.. but eclipse/statet seems to be using the version installed by xtools, and I don't know how to redirect (or whether this version would be compatible; doesn't really look like it.)

<sigh>

Thanks again.

Mike

Back to the top