[statet-users] R Launch Hanging on "Starting Service Registry (RMI) process"

Hi.  I’m working in the following environment

R 3.6.2

Eclipse 2019-12

StatET – 4.0.2

rj_4.0.0-4

All installs were done according to this site : https://gitlab.com/walware/de.walware.rj-server.gr/-/wikis/Installation and https://www.eclipse.org/lists/statet-users/msg00012.html

Upon initial install of all the relevant things, launching R through StatET in Eclipse worked fine.  Something has changed, though, and now the launch hangs at “Starting service registry (RMI) process”.  I’m not entirely sure why this is being attempted because I’m not attempting to interact with a server, this is all local to my machine.

In addition, log files aren’t being created because (I think) those are created some time after this point in the launch.

Another interesting thing is if, in the Eclipse Run Configurations, I set the Launch Type to be “Rterm” rather than “RJ”, R will open up in eclipse and I can interact with it there, but it is not a particularly usable setting.

Any ideas?

Dylan Tevlin

480-419-3611

Back to the top