Re: [starter-dev] Archetype 2.2.3 is staged

I should have added that the intended changes in the PRs are definitely valuable. It’s just a matter of getting things done the best we can amongst us while keeping stability, usability and prior commitments in mind.

In fact, once this next set of important changes are properly sorted I will make a point to ask Kito and Yash to see if things can be shuffled around easily to accommodate at least merging the PRs.

From: reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2024 10:46 AM
To: Alexander Rühl <alexander.ruehl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; starter developer discussions <starter-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [starter-dev] Archetype 2.2.3 is staged

To be honest, I prefer to make sure the bug fixes in this release are stable first before introducing any more changes Once the UI is released (all necessary changes are already done and tested), I plan to monitor the logs for a few weeks and would appreciate if others could also try to check for further bugs. It was really a shame that we had these bugs out there for a while that were causing user visible unhandled errors.

After that, I think we need to ensure the UI changes that the Marketing Committee has long requested goes through in a stable, bug free fashion. Kito is still working on that. It is a good thing the Foundation agreed to put the Starter on the main page without these changes, but I think we need to be mindful of what the Marketing Committee would like to see from us.

I think after that we can begin to look at other changes, starting with all outstanding PR contributions.