Re: [sparkplug-wg] NDEATH usage for a none-persistent connected device

Reception of a node death (NDEATH) notifies the Sparkplug hosts to terminate the state of the edge node.

The NDEATH publication is required when your application has control of disconnecting the MQTT connection. This would apply in your case where your application no longer needs to maintain the connection to the broker.

In the case of an abrupt or an unexpected connection loss, the MQTT client can't publish anything to the broker. This is where the last will and testament NDEATH deposited in the MQTT Connect is published by the MQTT broker on behalf of the failed Edge Node's MQTT connection.