[soc-dev] Eclipse winter of code (EWoC) program

Hi list,

I remember having this discussion a few years back already, but anyway...

I'd like to propose that the EF runs an "Eclipse winter of code" program
similar to GSoC - although with less participants and in winter (when
there is summer in the southern hemisphere).

Funding can come from the donations the EF receives from Google through
the GSoC program and additional sponsors.

E.g. if my calculations are correct, we can "hire" two students to work
e.g. on long standing platform bugs (everybody will benefit from) just
with this year's GSoC donations alone (assuming we lower payment slightly).

As a side effect, winter much better aligns with the Eclipse'
development schedule because it does not collide with our annual
simultaneous release.

Cheers
Markus

Back to the top