Re: [sisu-users] Project repository consolidation

Howdy,

as there were no responses to this email, I am continuing along this path...

Thanks
Tamas

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 4:19 PM Tamás Cservenák <tamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy,

Just a heads up:
I'd propose to consolidate the 3 git source repositories into one, given they:
- share same release cycle
- should have common parent POM (but have none)
- they have hard inter-dependencies

Hence, I tried to do it, please check out this proposal:

The consolidated repo main branch looks like this:

Hopefully history (and hence blame) is all in place, two things I did not solve:
- only the mojos POM history is lost (that one single pom.xml file), but IMHO it does not matter, as it was parent and module POM in one
- the tags for plexus and mojos release... any ideas? (I think we should just leave it)

If all this is OK, we should just:
- make 'main' branch the default branch in sisu.inject repository (PR should NOT be merged!)
- archive the sisu.plexus and sisu.mojos repositories
- probably some post-consolidation steps, like issue migration?

If anyone has something to add, shoot!

Thanks