[sdv-wg] SDV WG Digest: a look back into Q1/2023 and one forward

Dear SDV Community,
we would like to summarize the first Quarter of this year and share with you an exciting outlook into the upcoming months!

New Members in Q1
The SDV WG continues to grow strong: during the first quarter of the year we welcomed Cummins, IAV and SCANOSS in January, LG Electronics, Inc and General Motors in March and EMQ in April. We are also glad that NXP USA, Inc. has upgraded their membership in March.

New Projects in Q1
We have seen an amazing number of new project contributions: Eclipse P3COM, Eclipse Heimlig, Eclipse uProtocol Android and SDK, Eclipse Developer Console, and Eclipse Moec. We are looking forward to your code contributions!

New governing body
The Technical Advisory Committee met for the first time last week. The TAC is one of the official governing bodies of the WG, and has the main task of advising the Steering Committee on technical topics.

Newsletter
Our monthly newsletter was dedicated to celebrating the "The First Year of Eclipse Software Defined Vehicle", please read it here

A new YouTube channel
We are setting up our SDV YouTube Channel, we started uploading our Lisbon interviews there. More to come!

Looking forward to our upcoming Community Day in July
We are excited to let you know that our upcoming Community Day will take place on July 6th in Friedrichshafen, hosted by our Strategic Member ZF. We will keep our event website uptodate.
To get ready for the event, we offer an Info Session on May 11th.
when: 11th May - 16-17 CEST
who: targeted towards new organizations that are considering contributing projects.
Agenda:
  • Intro and welcome
  • Community Days - Concept and timeline
  • The relationship between projects and working groups
  • The project onboarding process
  • Logos, trademarks and websites for projects
  • Q&A session
Please see the invitation on our Community Calendar
Join Zoom Meeting
https://eclipse.zoom.us/j/86529701509?pwd=Q3BoNE43QTFBTXlnV0NYVldXb0FZZz09

Meeting ID: 865 2970 1509
Passcode: 928795

--

Dr Ing Sara Gallian

SDV Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation Europe GmbH

eclipse.org | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube