Re: [sapphire-dev] Sapphire questions from bfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Brian,

I am copying sapphire-dev mailing list.

I'm trying to play with Sapphire 0.3.0 and can't get it to build properly.

In order to build Sapphire 0.3 itself in your workspace, you need to be running Eclipse install with a fairly recent build of 0.3 SDK. You need Sapphire to build Sapphire.

You can get access to 0.3 builds and repositories from this Hudson job:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/sapphire-0.3.x/

For instance, this is the URL to use for a repository corresponding the last good build:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/sapphire-0.3.x/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/repository/

Sapphire should install into a basic Eclipse Java EE package (Helios - Indigo M6). The only caveat is dependency on Graphiti (version 0.8 M6, http://www.eclipse.org/graphiti/download.php) which you may need to install separately. In the future, this will be a separate feature that you can choose to install or not.

You can find a zip of samples on the build server as well, for when you have the SDK installed.

Another alternative is to build Sapphire locally from the command line. This will give you a pre-configured development environment in which you can open both Sapphire framework code and samples. The build is super easy to setup, but will take some time for the first run as it will need to download various Eclipse dependencies. Instructions here:

http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/developers/BuildingLocally.php

And when I tried to use the 0.2.1 update site, it fails due to some
incompatibility with an org.apache.ant jar version problem.

Make sure to uncheck "consult all update sites option" as Sapphire does not depend on org.apache.ant jar, so it cannot be the direct source of this problem. Note that I think you will want to try to install 0.3.x instead as 0.2.1 SDK does not have the form-based editor for sdef files that I showed you yesterday.

- Konstantin

-----Original Message----- From: Brian Fitzpatrick