From: riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [riena-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elias Volanakis [elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 19:37
To: Riena Developers list
Subject: Re: [riena-dev] Deprecate IActionListener.addListener(Object, String)  ?

My take away points on IActionListener#addListener(Object target,
String action):
- returning the listener instead of void  (+1 from me)
- it is used (though not in Riena code)

What struck me strange is that IActionListener is the _only_ place in
the ridgets where this idiom (i.e. addListener(target, action))
appears.

- do we need so much that it has to be in the interface? It is also a
simplification to not have too many similar methods in the interface
(both for extenders of Riena and users). Besides, this could be done
with a factory at the cost of one additional argument.

- are there other places this pattern makes sense?

Would love to discuss it over a tasty Doener plate (no good place
here), but looking forward to the discussion here.

Kind regards,
Elias.

--
Elias Volanakis | Technical Lead | EclipseSource Portland
elias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | +1 503 929 5537 | http://eclipsesource.com