Re: [riena-dev] UI Job with Progress from Handler?

Hi Todd,

I'm not terribly familiar with the UIProgress / UIJob stuff. Hopefully somebody else from the team can help.

In RCP one way to show progress is this: (assuming a Handler)

public Object execute(ExecutionEvent event) throws ExecutionException {
IRunnableWithProgress op = new IRunnableWithProgress() {

public void run(IProgressMonitor monitor) throws InvocationTargetException, InterruptedException {
monitor.beginTask("Working", 60);
try {
for (int i = 60; i > 0; i--) {
if (monitor.isCanceled()) {
break;
}
Thread.sleep(500); // do some work here
monitor.worked(1);
}
} finally {
monitor.done();
}
}
};
try {
IProgressService ps = PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getProgressService();
ps.run(true, true, op);
} catch (Exception e1) {
e1.printStackTrace();
}
return null;
}

IProgressService has a few more methods than could be useful.

Kind regards,
Elias.