Re: [riena-dev] Riena provisional APIs

Hi Christian,

Christian Campo wrote:
Hi Scott,

right but isnt that what will happen with 1.1, which is Galileo or did I get you wrong here ?

Your span of time between 1.0 and 1.1 is unusually short. Especially since your incubation time was also unusually short.

The reason why I think its a good point to make APIs final is because people like to build their application on top of Riena and trust that the same application will also run with Riena 1.2. and Riena 1.3. Since there are already a number of projects running (or started) based on Riena, I like to do that (one project was presented on the EclipseCon -> RedView).

Given my experience so far (with ECF other EF projects), it seems likely to me that in response to further usage and feedback that you will want/need to make breaking API changes. Guaranteeing at this point that breaking API changes will not/cannot occur (i.e. moving to non-provisional API) seems premature to me.

Scott

Back to the top