Re: [riena-dev] Interface not visible from class loader!

Hi Christian,

Christian Campo wrote:

<stuff deleted>

You are right that Dynamic-ImportPackage can be relatively slow, but
compared to the deserialization and i/o in most environments it's not
going to be a problem.

Sure ? I read that in an article about Hibernate that Buddy-Policies can be slow. Since databases also have some IO, I think they wouldnt have mentioned that if that wasn't an issue.

Sure, they have I/O...but it's usually not network I/O. In any event, I'll happily bet that loading interface classes for proxy creation (even with Dynamic-ImportPackage: *) will pale in comparison to the I/O for getting the proxy's classname...not to mention using the proxy.

Also note that the classloader visits the Buddy-Policy not once but for every little class it finds. So in a large object net that can be several. (any 2 to 3 diget number of classes). What happens on a subsequent call ? Probably the classloader knows the class and doesnt do the thing again.

Yes, classes are cached so they only will be searched/loaded once.

Scott

Back to the top