Re: [rest-dev] [External] : No TCK in Maven Central

Thanks Alwin,   I was asked about this today and should have seen the issues (so sorry to bug you).

On Oct 20, 2023, at 10:48 AM, Alwin Joseph <alwin.joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jim,

The JakartaEE restful-ws standalone TCK zip bundles like many other TCKs were not initially thought to be uploaded to maven.

After there were requests to have the TCK in maven we discussed the prospects of publishing the TCK jar to maven in [1].
In the discussion it was suggested that the TCK jar(EFTL) can be published to maven but with the LICENCE file in them.
Since the previously released TCK jars did not contain the LICENCE file in them, we released a patch version of the then latest TCK (3.1.3) as 3.1.3-1 to additionally contain the LICENCE file in the jar and published it at [2].

There was another service release of the restful-ws TCK (3.1.4) last week, which does have the EFTL LICENCE file in the jar. We can publish this version of TCK jar to maven too.

[1] https://github.com/jakartaee/rest/issues/1142
[2] https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/jakarta.ws.rs/jakarta-restful-ws-tck/3.1.3-1

From: rest-dev <rest-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jim Krueger via rest-dev <rest-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, 20 October 2023 at 8:41 PM
To: Jakarta Rest project developer discussions <rest-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jim Krueger <jckofbyron@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] : [rest-dev] No TCK in Maven Central

Hi,
All of the official TCK versions for Jakarta Restful WS can be found at https://download.eclipse.org/jakartaee/restful-ws, but none have been place in Maven Central https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jakarta/ws/rs/jakarta-restful-ws-tck/ .

Was this intentional or just an oversight?  If it was intentional is there a reason why?     Thanks

Back to the top