[recommenders-dev] Draft of Code Recommenders Code Completion Activity Report

Hi all,

I just added an proof of concept prototype for the GSOC idea "Usage Data Collection for Code Completion and Beyond" [1].
I'm now very confident that we can create a valuable tool for developers and generate some very interesting insights how developers use code completion.

I'd like to ask you guys to give this prototype a spin over the weekend  and let us know what features you would like to see - and of course bugs you experienced. Please find the installation guide here [3].

Students interested in doing a gsoc in this area I'd like to encourage to have a look at the code in the org.eclipse.recommenders.completion.rcp.sandbox project and StatisticsSessionProcessor.java [2] in particular. Let me know if you have questions on this topic for GSOC. Please note that this is neither production ready nor feature complete ;-)

Best regards,
Marcel

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013_Ideas#Eclipse_Code_Recommenders:_Usage_Data_Collection_for_Code_Completion_and_Beyond
[2] project./org.eclipse.recommenders.completion.rcp.sandbox/src/org/eclipse/recommenders/internal/completion/rcp/sandbox/StatisticsSessionProcessor.java

Back to the top