[rdf4j-dev] RDF4J 4.3.0 Milestone build and timeline

Hi,

in our product we are currently doing the Jakarta EE migration. One of the remaining issues is the use of  'javax.xml.bind' in some of the core RDF4J APIs (see [1]). Meanwhile there is also a fix available for the development branch (i.e. targeting 4.3.0) (see [2]). We have verified the proposed change using a locally built snapshot.

Would it be possible to create an 4.3.0-M1 build next week, so that we can do further validation in our product and continue the bigger migration to Jakarta EE on our end?

I would guess that also other users of RDF4J who are currently going the road towards Jakarta EE would like to see this fix available.

Also, what is the current timeline for the 4.3.0 release?

Btw: I really like to see things like these issues to be resolved so smoothly in the RDF4J project in a collaboration of multiple developers. Thanks for that!

Have a good weekend,
 Andreas

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/issues/4421
[2] https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/pull/4424