Re: [rdf4j-dev] 4.0.0 timeline

Hi,

the proposed timeline sounds good to me! We'll also be able to test the M3 build in our software and provide feedback.

Best,
 Andreas

Am 19.03.2022 um 22:23 schrieb Jeen Broekstra:
Sounds like a solid plan to me!

Cheers,

Jeen

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022, at 23:23, Håvard Ottestad wrote:
Hi,

I would like to propose a timeline for the 4.0.0 release.

Personally I have two big PRs that I would like to integrate as part of the 4.0.0 release. One is a ShaclSail feature for allowing shapes to be linked to named graphs for validation. The other is a bunch of performance improvements where my main goal is to extract the structural changes to include them in 4.0.0, but not necessarily merge all the performance improvements.

Does anyone else have any major changes they are working on to include in 4.0.0?

Before the final 4.0.0 release it would be nice with a last milestone build together with a feature freeze. By this I mean that we publish 4.0.0-M3 with all the changes we want to include, then allow some time for our users to test the milestone build and for us to fix any bugs before we finally release 4.0.0. Users who have successfully tested and integrated with 4.0.0-M3 should have no surprises when moving to the 4.0.0 release.

I would like to aim for:
- 4.0.0-M3 on the 30th of March
- 4.0-0 release some time between the 13th of April and the 20th

How does this sound?

Best regards,
Håvard