[rdf4j-dev] issue housekeeping reminder

Hi folks,

Loving the energy at the moment, lots of good features and fixes coming in. I just wanted to do a quick reminder about some of the practices for issue tickets and PRs and so on, to keep things traceable:

  1. Please make sure your PR is linked to the issue (ideally both in the PR title and the description text, as well as in the little "linked issues" box on the right-hand column);
  2. Please make sure your issues are correctly tagged, assigned and milestoned (milestones are particularly  important as we base our release notes off of those);
  3. When merging your PR, please make sure your issue is closed as well. This happens automatically when merging to main, but unfortunately it doesn't happen automatically when merging to develop;
  4. optional extra: please help me keep the project progress board up to date by moving cards into "in progress" when you've started working on them.

None of these are mortal sins of course, and I typically just fix them as I go along, but given we have a few new contributors and a new full committer, I thought it wouldn't hurt to reiterate this.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top