Re: [rdf4j-dev] Fixes for FedX resource leaks / closing issues - 3.7.2 release

Thanks Andreas, I haven't done a fully immersive review but from what I've been able to see the fix looks like a good one. I've approved, as has Damyan, so happy for you to merge it in.

As for a 3.7.2 release, we currently have 14 (15 once your FedX PR is merged) fixed issues on the main branch, which is a substantial amount, and some of those are quite important to various stakeholders. Havard is also in the middle of several performance fixes for the SHACL Sail. See https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/projects/19?card_filter_query=milestone%3A3.7.2.

I suggest we run a 3.7.2 release middle of next week. Havard, anything on your end that is not ready to merge yet can just move over to either a 3.7.3 release, or better yet, go straight into a 4.0.0 release.

Regarding the 4.0 schedule: I'd like us to get the 4.0 (develop) branch into a releasable state ASAP, and try and do a milestone build that covers at least all the deprecation/removals, and if at all possible the new Spring components by Jerven and Florian, by early September.

Jeen