[rdf4j-dev] release planning: 3.3.2 and possibly 3.4.0

Hi all,

I'd like to do a 3.3.2 patch release soon, we have a number of completed fixes, and one outstanding one by Havard that is almost ready to go (see https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/projects/19?card_filter_query=milestone%3A3.3.2). Any objections to a patch release this Friday (that's my Friday, so your Thursday)?

I've been doing several fixes in our handling of RDF* (especially query result format handling) on the develop branch, so I'd like to do a 3.4.0 minor release pretty soon too, perhaps already next week. This won't be a "big" minor release (see https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/projects/19?card_filter_query=milestone%3A3.4.0), but I need a bit of a quick turnaround on the RDF* features.

Alternative is that I cherrypick the RDF* fixes to the master branch, and include them in the 3.3.2 patch release. I'm a little wary of doing that, but it's possible. Advantage is fewer releases for users to juggle with, disadvantage is that it's perhaps a bit unfair to call these fixes bugs rather than improvements/new features (even if the entire RDF* support is still experimental).

Thoughts? Any major blockers for either? Bart, do you have an estimate on how much more time you'll need to finalize the ES/Solr/Guava upgrades (I think you logged all the CQs?)

Jeen

Back to the top