Re: [rdf4j-dev] Squashing before merging

Hi,

I very much like this proposal and would definitely vote for applying PR cleanup as much as possible.

Internally in our company we also do this (potentially as a last step before a PR gets merged) to have a clean history. We mostly even try to go one step further and try to avoid merge commits entirely (i.e. doing fast forward merges wherever possible). In an ideal world this leads to an easy to follow linear history of changes. However, this might go to far for the RDF4J project.

Best,
 Andreas