Re: [rdf4j-dev] Java > 8

I presume Streams from java 8 weren’t very compatible with java 7.

Could we do a 3.0 release with java 8 and maintain it as a 3.x for a year, back-porting as much as possible. And make 4.0 a java 11 version.

If we release 3.0 by june, and 4.0 by september it would then be 2 years since the release of java 9.

Håvard

PS. reasoning behind 4.0 and not 3.1 is that we have semantic versioning, so the number has nothing to do with release cadence or feature set and only dependant on backwards compatibility. Change on method signature to return an optional instead of a null and boom, new major version.

>>> Håvard