[rdf4j-dev] Hudson job to verify Pull Requests

I have set up a Hudson job which can be used to verify a build on a Pull Request (before merging):

https://hudson.eclipse.org/rdf4j/job/rdf4j-verify-pr/

Currently the job has to be manually started. You supply it with the number of the PR as a parameter, and it goes and pulls the PR locally, then executes 'mvn verify'.

It also does not report anything back to GitHub, so there's no neat green "build succeeds" icon appearing anywhere unfortunately.

However it's still very useful to have as you now longer have to add someone's else's fork as an extra remote to pull the patches and run a check.

A poor man's Travis CI I guess :) On which note: I am also looking at using Travis CI instead of Hudson, but unfortunately I run into other problems there (basically Travis fails with a JVM crash on our build). I'll tinker with that a bit more but until then we continue using Hudson.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top