Re: [ptp-user] Trying to debug OpenMPI on PBS?

Can you let us know which version of ptp and eclipse you are using?

That wiki page is unfortunately a bit old.  The current version of PTP (6.0, release June 2012 on Eclipse 4.2 "Juno")
no longer utilizes "Resource Managers".  The scheduler/resource is specified on the launch configuration when the application is launched via Run or Debug.
However that page may still indicate what is supported - I will defer to Greg, primary debug support and author of that page.

Mention of  "edu.illinois.ncsa.forge.pbs.interactive.openmpi"  implies i think you are using 6.0.x

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Krime ---05/10/2013 05:50:38 AM---Hi. There's a problem while using PTP, that I'm trying to debug theKrime ---05/10/2013 05:50:38 AM---Hi. There's a problem while using PTP, that I'm trying to debug the OpenMPI program in my own PBS pl

Krime <krimelam@xxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/10/2013 05:50 AM

[ptp-user] (no subject)

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi. There's a problem while using PTP, that I'm trying to debug the OpenMPI program in my own PBS platform and getting failure.
Then I looked around the PTP documents and found out the following page: which says it's not ok debug for PBS/Torque.
But I saw some threads here that some guys works on the "edu.illinois.ncsa.forge.pbs.interactive.openmpi". However, I tried that one and still failed.
Is there any wrong on my configurations? I use the following environment:
    1. GCC 4.4.6
    2. OpenMPI 1.4.3
    3. Cent OS 5.5
    4. PBS/Torque Dawning W780 Server