Re: [ptp-user] eclipse project mgr doesn't show executables

On Monday, April 15, 2013 20:55:25 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> Hi,

> I recently reinstalled my TP with a 64-bit Lubuntu, and also set up 64-bit

> gnu  compilers, OpenMPI and eclipse. Then I scratched the (32-bit)

> workspace, created a new empty one and re-imported from git.

> Then I did a local compile (by clicking on the "hammer" icon). Apparently,

> this went well, as shown by an ordinary bash.

> cp@sirius:~/bench/DKRZ_2013/cosmo$ ls -l cosmo_raps/bin_Fopts_gnu/

> total 14104

> -rwxr-xr-x 1 cp cp   36493 Apr 15 19:04 diff_results

> -rwxr-xr-x 1 cp cp 4838258 Apr 15 19:05 int2lm

> -rwxr-xr-x 1 cp cp 9562010 Apr 15 19:10 lm

> - But the project manager window refuses to show these executables. This

> was  definitely different with the 32-bit version. The 32-bit version

> showed them even twice - in a section for binaries and as members of the

> sub directory bin_Fopts_gnu, that was created during the make process. The

> 64-bit eclipse shows none of these.

> Am I missing something ?

Not sure whether all of that was needed, but today I started project "tabula rasa" (as detailed below) - which made the above oddities go away.

Looks like somewhere there were some 32-bit memories that spoiled the game.

For general reference, here is what I did.

for all workspaces:

for all projects in workspace:

take screenshot of ptp synchronize filter settings

# as these are most difficult to restore from memory

shut down eclipse

cd $HOME

rm -rf .*eclipse*

for all workspaces:

remove workspace

# this assumes that the sources of the projects

# reside outside of the workspace

for all projects in workspace:

rm -rf .settings .project .cproject

if appropriate:

rm -rf .ptp-sync

rm -rf .pydevproject

rm -rf __pycache__

rm -rf *.pyc

find . -name .gitignore -exec rm {} \; -print

check remaining files with git status and git diff

start eclipse

for all workspaces:

for all projects in workspace:

import from git

add C/C++, Fortran or Python nature

customize perspectives

recreate syncronized projects

# this step is using the screenshots

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top